Final



I feel that I have grown throughout the semester as well as my strengths. I still feel that my strengths lye in the longer poses compared to the shorter poses but I feel that my line control has improved greatly for each of these. I feel through out this semester my strongest drawing came from drawing the feet. I was able to work out the bones on the feet better then any part of the body. I feel this is because I could see and understand the foot more.

I feel that I still have weaknesses when it comes to life drawing and the manikin. The first thing being that I can still be very impatient and want to go quickly. I also still need practice on proportions, I feel that I am getting much better then at the beginning of the semester but there are still some things I need to practice on, which include the skull and the face. I feel that as a class we did not get enough time to practice and work on the skull and face, which I was looking forward to in the life drawing class. When it comes to my manikin I feel I still have some trouble seeing how things are put together but feel I am getting better at it after redoing some of the muscles over again.

I have learned many things throughout the semester in life drawing. The first thing I have learned is to slow down more and look at what I’m drawing and building my manikin. Another thing I’ve learned is to have a better line control. I have also learned how to work from the inside out and to deal with shapes more than the actual object, which I feel works for me. My manikin was a major issue for me throughout semester but I feel that redoing the thighs a couple times I feel that I got a better understanding as well as it turning out a little better but I wish we had gotten to some of the other muscles.

I believe that because of Life Drawing it will influence me in my other classes and future job for many reasons. I have one semester left of classes, all studios, so I feel that life drawing will help me in these classes because I enjoy working with the figure and I hope it will help me with projects that will include figures in my work. I also feel it life drawing will help me in me future job, which I hope to be able to teacher k-12 students. I feel that it is important to understand the human figure to be able to teach it to others. I feel that what I have learned up to this point will help me teach students how to draw figures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Stacey Hughes Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template